The UM Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the University of Montana by managing private fundraising efforts, donations and investment of endowed gifts.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University we serve, fostering an environment allowing us to inspire each other to our best work. We act with integrity and respect, and work to create a team where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported.
Why Work for Us?
- Hybrid remote work arrangement (two days in office and three days remote each week)
- Competitive pay – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the starting pay range
- The UM Foundation contributes an amount equal to 11% of an employee’s annual compensation; no employee contribution is required to receive this benefit
- Medical, dental, vision, wellness program and more!
- Generous time off – Team members accrue 4 weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Employer paid basic life, short-term disability, and long-term disability
Basic Function and Responsibility:
We are looking for an accountant to join our team who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The Senior Accountant will be a member of the five-person accounting team and will report to the Controller.
- Review and approve journal entries
- Review and approve balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review weekly accounts payable transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Lead the completion of the 990 and 990T
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit
- Create customized financial reports
- Identify and resolve complex accounting problems
- Provide training and support to campus partners and Foundation employees
- Develop procedures to improve systems and internal controls
If you do not meet all the qualifications for the positions, you are still encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in accounting (or equivalent experience)
- CPA certificate (not required)
- Three to five years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Fund accounting experience (not required)