Join Our Team!
Working at The University of Montana Foundation
A career at The University of Montana Foundation is more than a job - it is an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts students, the community and, through research, the world. At the UM Foundation we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career - we offer you an opportunity to make an impact.
Development Team Opportunities
The University of Montana Foundation is growing and expanding our development/fundraising team. If you are a fundraiser and would like to apply your experience to helping advance the University of Montana Foundation’s mission to inspire philanthropic support to enhance excellence and opportunity at UM, we want to hear from you. We are proud of our highly collaborative and professional team of fundraisers and are looking for great teammates who share our values. Please contact VP of Development Kate Jennings for information on current or upcoming development staff searches at Kate.Jennings@Supportum.org.
Why Work for Us?
The UM Foundation connects donors’ passions with needs and opportunities at the University of Montana – our work changes lives and makes the world a better place.
This is an exciting time to work at the UM Foundation as we continue to celebrate the transformational impact of the most successful higher education campaign in state history, inspiring more than 34,000 donors to give $450.9 million that has elevated every student, school and college at the University of Montana. New colleagues will play a key role in preparing for the university’s next comprehensive campaign.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University we serve, fostering an environment allowing us to inspire each other to our best work. We are also passionate about delivering an exceptional donor experience, acting with integrity and respect, and innovating thoughtfully and with purpose.
· UM Foundation contributes an amount equal to 11% of an employee’s annual compensation into their 403(b) retirement account; no employee contribution is required to receive this benefit
· Generous Time Off – Team Members accrue 4 weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
· Paid parental leave of 4 weeks per year for new parents
· Short-term and long-term disability pay protection benefits
· Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more!
· Over 80% of our workforce feels highly engaged in their work
· Professional Development Opportunities
· Most positions are eligible for a part-time remote work arrangement
The University of Montana Foundation
Since 1950, the UM Foundation has delivered on its mission to inspire philanthropic support to enhance excellence and opportunity at UM.
The UM Foundation is an independent, nonprofit organization that serves UM by managing private fundraising efforts, donations and investment of endowed gifts. Governed by a Board of Trustees, the UM Foundation operates under an agreement with UM that is reviewed and approved by the Montana University System Board of Regents.
The Foundation’s dedicated trustees, trustee emeriti, staff professionals, volunteers and student employees bring broad expertise and deep commitment to the mission-critical work of the Foundation.
These Foundation stakeholders believe in the power of generous people to make a difference in the world. They believe philanthropy definitively shapes UM as a world-class institution that improves the life of every student.
Our core values guide us in all that we do:
- We are passionate about delivering an exceptional donor experience
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We act with integrity and respect
- We innovate thoughtfully and with purpose
The Foundation manages a long-term investment portfolio, valued at $265 million, established to provide ongoing annual support for scholarships, faculty, programs, and other University priorities.
The UM Foundation offices are located in a new building on the beautiful University of Montana campus. The Foundation currently employs nearly 60 professional staff working across teams focused on development, finance and operations, information systems, and marketing and communications.
The University of Montana
As Montana’s flagship university, the University of Montana sets a high bar for academic studies, creative accomplishments, and scientific exploration. The University draws a diverse, global population to Missoula and helps cultivate an educated, engaged and vibrant community. Students receive a world-class education in a broad range of subjects that include the trades, liberal arts, sciences, graduate and postdoctoral study and professional training.
· Alexander Blewett III School of Law
· College of Business
· College of Health and Skaggs School of Pharmacy
· College of Humanities and Sciences
· College of the Arts and Media
· Davidson Honors College
· Missoula College
· Phyllis J. Washington College of Education
· W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation
Missoula is a thriving community of 77,000 residents who make their home where five valleys converge. Set in an outdoor playground of majestic mountains, scenic valleys and winding rivers, Missoula residents enjoy four distinct seasons, an energetic college-town vibe and unparalleled recreational opportunities.
Missoula’s vibrant downtown lies north of the Clark Fork River, which runs through the heart of the city. Residents and visitors flock there for its locally owned restaurants and bars, eclectic retail stores and during the summer, its bustling Saturday farmer’s market scene.
Missoula offers outstanding cultural and entertainment opportunities that contribute to the “Missoula Lifestyle.” Big-name and local artists play Missoula’s varied concert venues and festivals. Local residents enjoy excellent art galleries, public lectures, theatrical productions, sporting events and world-class fly-fishing.
· Rattlesnake Wilderness Area: 5 miles
· Montana Snow Bowl Ski Area: 7 miles
· Flathead Lake: 70 miles
· Glacier National Park: 139 miles
· Yellowstone National Park: 269 miles
· There are 3.1 million acres of wilderness within a 100-mile radius of campus